Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Beeswax Candles are Super Pretty

Happy New Year, Pretties!

I hope you enjoyed the holidays. For me, they came and went so fast!!

I want to tell you about my favorite gift. This year, my family and I decided to ask for a few things we'd like. I was delighted when I got not one, but two, 100% pure beeswax candles.

I will definitely blog in the future about how amazing bees are (honey, for example, is so great for the skin), but for now, let me tell you what is so brilliant about the beeswax candle.

Unlike candles made with paraffin, which emit toxic substances like toluene and benzene when burned, beeswax candles are non-toxic and hypo-allergenic. They emit negative ions into the air - which actually attract and neutralize pollutants like dust, dust mites, mold, bacteria, viruses and other toxins. Negative ions also improve mood and impart a sense of well-being.

As an added bonus, beeswax burns brighter, hotter, cleaner, and longer than any other wax. And honestly, you really can't compare the golden glow and the natural honey aroma to any other candle... especially once you know the inside scoop.

Wouldn't you rather enjoy a natural, healthy product that comes from nature, is a renewable resource, and makes you healthier, than burn a bleached, perfumed, petroleum waste product that has been linked to cancer, asthma, and birth defects? Ummm... I would! They are permanently at the top of my my wish list.

You can find them at most health food stores and here or here.

No comments:

Post a Comment